Guardian signs up 500k subs

The Guardian has now managed to sign up 500,000 regular paying supporters, comprising members and subscribers across print and digital platforms. Guardian News and Media says 800,000 readers have supported the newspaper financially in the past 12 months.

Approximately 80% of supporters take digital subscriptions or memberships, with the remaining 20% subscribing to GNM print publications. Over the past year, The Guardian has received over 300,000 individual contributions from readers in more 140 countries, pulling in several million pounds.

The company last month launched a £42 million venture capital fund to support the development of start-ups delivering the ‘next generation’ of media technology.

Seeking 21st century skills

Seeking 21st century skills

Not so civil Brexit